One of the more common injuries sustained by both weekend warriors and elite athletes alike is an Achilles tendon tear or rupture. Dr. Nadaud specializes in advanced, minimally invasive techniques for treating Achilles tendon tears. Utilizing a unique approach, using surgery through smaller incisions, Dr. Nadaud is often sought to teach these techniques at regional surgical workshops. Further, Dr. Nadaud specializes in workers’ compensation Achilles injuries.
Achilles tendon signs and symptoms
- A sudden and severe pain felt at the back of the ankle or calf
- Hearing a loud snap or pop noise during the injury
- Swelling, tenderness, stiffness and bruising
- Difficulty flexing your foot or pointing your toes (in complete tears of the tendon)
- Standing on tiptoe and pushing off when walking will be impossible