Bunions are a very common problem that affect people of all ages but are more common in women. Footwear modifications are a first step to treat bunions. In patients that have difficulty fitting into shoes or in patients whose active lifestyle is diminished by bunions, surgical correction is an option. Dr. Nadaud specializes in several different surgical techniques that are customized to treat the individual patient.
Bunion signs and syptoms
- A firm bump on the outside edge of the foot
- Swelling, redness or soreness around your big toe joint
- Thickening of the skin at the base of your big toe
- Corns or calluses caused by the overlap of the first and second toes
- Persistent or intermittent pain
- Restricted or painful motion of your big toe